December 4th is one of Loretta’s favorite days – National Cookie Day! And she loves that with the help of PACE-CNY she can still bake at home.
Here’s her favorite holiday sugar cookie recipe:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Colored Frosting and lots and lots of sprinkles and decorations!
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill until firm, 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in thickness. Cut out with holiday cookie cutters of your choice. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate cookies with frosting and lots of sprinkles!
See how you can Live Like Loretta